Sunday 20 April 2014

What to have in your handbag

Hi everyone!

Todays blog is on what to put in your handbag (or rucksack or whatever you carry your stuff in). It might sound stupid but believe it or not it's a commonly asked question. I'm the person who people usually come to if they need something as alot of the time I'll have it in my bag. I'm not one of these crazy bag ladies or a super paranoid 'prepared for every occasion' types. No. I just carry some essentials with me that 9 times out of 10 I will end up needing.

1. Tissues. Probably the most important item. Whether it's a snotty nose, sticky fingers or makeup disaster either you or someone else will always need a tissue handy. Keep a small packet in your bag and that way you'll have plenty handy. If you wanted to you could even carry a small pack of wetwipes.

2. Hairbrush. This is a no-brainer- especially on long days out. If you're someone who has to have imacculate hair at all times you can even get travel sized hair spray & dry shampoo cans (these are great for festivals & long journeys too)

3. Makeup. Just have a few small essentials like eyeliner, mascara, a small eyeshadow pallette & some lipstick or lipgloss. That way you can keep your makeup fresh or put some on if needed (example- last minute restaurant dinners)

4. Money. Obviously have your wallet/purse with all of your cards ect in it but think about keeping a small coin purse with some change & spare cash incase of emergencies. Even think about keeping this in your pocket (securely) in the event your bag gets stolen or lost.

5. Compact mirror. Always handy.

6. Headphones. I listen to music all of the time- in the car, on the bus, waiting for hospital appointments. It passes the time if you're on your own- better than just being sat there twiddling your thumbs. If music isn't your thing then maybe a book (although this can take up alot of space).

7. Keys. Locksmiths are expensive & if you live in a built up area then having a hidden spare key is sometimes a bit risky. You could even keep a spare house key in your coin purse (number 4).

8. Pen & paper. We live in an age now where most people have a phone or smartphone. But a pen & paper always comes in handy for taking phone numbers or jotting down details. A slightly different way could also be having a paper copy of emergency contacts- if you lose your phone or suddenly take ill ect these come in handy.

9. Small can of deodorant. Great for long days (or if it's warm). No-one wants to smell sweaty & this keeps you fresh as a daisy. Mints or gum are also good for breath.

10. Medications. This is an important one for me (& for anyone who has an illness). I'm on several prescriptions & always keep some with me when I'm out (I also have a list of the dosages & what they are used for incase I am taken into hospital) this includes things like inhalers, pens, tablets & patches. If you have medication you take at a certain time & for whatever reason you can't get home to take it then this is really important.

11. Sanitary items. Aunt Flo seems to enjoy catching us women out when we're unprepared. But not anymore. Just make sure you keep your sanitary items in a pouch or the small zipper compartment in your bag to keep them clean (& away from veiw).

So there you have it- my handbag essentials. Like I said before, these are all things which I usually end up needing when I am out & I hope you found this helpful! I will also be doing a blog soon on travel essentials (as requested by a friend) so watch this space!

Thanks for reading xx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For comments, opinions, questions or suggestions feel free to email me at:
dollytrolley1994@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment