Monday 7 April 2014

My top 10 favourite hair & beauty products

Hi!
In my first post I said that one of the things I was going to be doing was some beauty & hair blogs. So today I thought I would start by giving a run down of my top 10 favourite products. These are things I use on a day-to-day basis and I have found them to be the best so hopefully you too might want to try them out :) (sorry for the lack of pictures- will upload as soon as I can)

1. Organix Argan oil of Morocco penetrating hair oil (£4.99 Superdrug)- I was a little bit iffy about this at first- there was all of this hype about the latest 'miracle hair product' and I thought as it was oil that it would make my hair greasy. But I was wrong.

My friend told me to try it as it is great for people who use alot of heat styling and stops your hair drying out. So after towel drying my hair I combed it through then rubbed a small amount into the mid-lengths and ends, then sprayed with heat protector. I dried and styled my hair as normal and I was amazed- it was so soft and shiny and it smelled great! And a bottle lasts for ages as you only need a tiny amount.

2. Bodyshop Shimmer Cubes palette (£16 each Bodyshop)- I love Bodyshop products. Not just because they aren't tested on animals but also because they aren't as harsh on your skin as the other brands. For £16 you get a quad of four different shades of eyshadow- some people might think that's expensive but it really is worth it!

The four different shades in each can be blended for a sophisticated look or used individually for a hint of colour or to make your eyes stand out. They have a lovely soft texture (easy to blend) and a nice shimmer too.

3. Shwarzkopf got2b Guardian Angel heat protecting spray up to 220Âșc (£3.00 Boots) This stuff is fab for those who use alot of heat on their hair. Towel dry hair and use in combination with Argan Oil and blow dry and style as normal.

It's great because I have noticed since using it my hair doesnt get as dry and damaged. Also this is a must if, like me, you dye your hair often (I've gone for blonde this time so as you can imagine the bleach took its toll on my hair and I need this stuff) it helps protect your hair against further damage.

4. Johnsons holiday skin- fair to medium (£5.10 Boots) I love this stuff- its great when you want to get a natural-looking tan without the nasty fake tan smell or ending up looking like you have been tangoed. I'm not naturally pale but I've been ill alot which means I wasn't able to get a tan last summer and this gave me a lovely natural looking colour (great for winter too to keep you looking good).

It has a kind of suncream smell to it and a thick creamy consistency. It's easy to apply and within a few days you will have a lovely colour built up. A bonus is that you don't get any streaky lines either. Only thing I will say though is don't put this on your face- use the facial version as this can be harsh on very sensitive skin. Other than that it's great.

5. AR2 borage oil cream (£4.85 Holland & Barret) this stuff is a fantastic facial cream. It's a mixture of herb extracts and oils in a cream that has so many uses! It helps reduce the appearance of blemishes, moisturises, can be used on sensitive skin and even makes a great primer!

The pot seems small but a little goes a long way and it's great on acne-prone skin with a drop of tea tree oil mixed into it. It leaves skin so soft and smooth with no horrid oily residues. It absorbs easily and protects it from drying out. Worth every penny!

6. Bodyshop moisture foundation (£13 Bodyshop)- this is the best foundation I have come across. It comes in a range of shades so you can find the one that is right for you and it really is great for giving your skin a healthy, smooth and dewy looking base.

It comes in a pump action bottle (no messy drips ) and its very liquidy which makes it easy to apply and you only need a small amount. There's alot of debate on how to apply foundation- some use a brush, others use makeup sponges and some just use their hands. I find it easiest to use a small wedge sponge as it gets it into all of the creases and helps it blend easier. This foundation is great for all skin types as it's non greasy, moisturises and doesnt block pores. Finish off with a light dusting of transluscent powder and you have a gorgeously flawless finish.

7. Eyelure naturalites false eyelashes (Around £5.49 available in Boots, Superdrug and large supermarkets) As false eyelashes go these are the best to buy if you want enhanced but still natural looking lashes. Until I found these I didn't really like false lashes- they were often uncomfortable and wouldnt stick properly and generally looked very fake (looking like you had dead spiders on your eyelids- not attractive).

I bought the glamour (no 116) lashes and for the price I was so impressed- they're so light you can't feel them once they are on, they stay on great, and they really do look so natural! They can be re-used over and over and they are just great for the price.

8. Maybelline Volum' express turbo boost mascara in very black (£6.19 Superdrug) this mascara is great if you want big, volumous lashes. It makes lashes look really long and thick, great for enhancing your eyes.

As long as you wipe off the excess from the brush before applying it doesnt make your eyelashes look horrible and clumpy. It stays on great with no smudges and is easy to remove. Looks great for dark, smokey eye looks too.

9. Barry M glitter nail paint in Yellow Topaz (£2.99 Superdrug & Boots) fantastic for adding a touch of glitz and glamour to any look. It can be applied as a single coat over a coloured nail polish to add just a touch of glitter (also doubles up as a top coat) or can be applied in seveal coats for sparkly, glamourous nails.

I like to use this on top of base colours such as red or dark blue for a touch of glam, and it also looks great for a festive look or for a big night out. It's pretty chip resistant and lasts for ages but is also easy to remove.

10. nspa jojoba and rosehip oil lipgloss (Asda- not sure of price) my lovely fiancee got me this as part of a gift set that had a body wash and body polish in it and unfortunately I haven't seen it since as it was a christmas gift. They all have a lovely floral/rose smell to them and are a nice little luxury.

The lipgloss is gorgeous- a kind of mid to dark pink colour with a shimmer to it. It has a gorgeous smell and a smooth, non sticky texture. It lasts for hours without needing to be re-applied. It moisturises and gives you nice soft lips too.


So there you have it (sorry it was so long)- my top 10 favourite products. I hope you enjoyed reading and let me know if you found this helpful!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any questions, comments, opinions or suggestions I would love to hear them! Email me at:
dollytrolley1994@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment