Tuesday 27 May 2014

Saving money

Hello everyone!

Today I've got some tips for you on saving money. Nowadays, life is expensive & we often find that payday can't come fast enough. At the beginning of this financial year (6th April) I decided I was going to see how much money I could save up in a year. So far it's going brilliant! I am nowhere near a pinchpenny or one of these "Super-Scrimpers" you see on telly, but I am pretty aware of my spending. So here are my ways that I have devised for saving up for a rainy day.

1. Budget. Work out what you NEED to spend every month & set it aside. Have some emergency money too for the unexpected, then the rest can go on what you want. We often make the mistake of "Impulse Buying" & find ourselves thinking that the £50 we've just spent on that super-cute, wear once & never to be seen again pair of shoes should have been spent on fuel. Treats are ok- just in moderation.

2. Look after the pennies... We are all guilty of going into a shop, buying something then just chucking the change in the charity tin. Obviously giving to charity is good (Help For Heroes, The Poppy Appeal & Cancer Reasearch are particular ones to me) But think about setting up a change pot. Every day, fish out the pennies from your pocket & put them in- it very quickly adds up. Since the 6th of April I've saved a shockingly large amount in change (I won't tell you how much- that will come in a years time). It's money you never knew you had- it might be a mess around but when you've got a large amount, count it up, bag it, take it to the bank & treat yourself!

3. Shop around. In one of my posts a couple of days ago I wrote that I was hacked off after discovering ways that supermarkets are ripping us off. Obviously supermarkets are convenient, but often you get alot less, not as good quality & more expensive than local businesses such as the butchers sell. So support your local businesses- it's better.

4. Do you really need it? Don't impulse buy- think about what you are buying before you hand over the cash. Unless you know you can afford it & you really want it then save your money- you'll be glad you did!

So there we go! Some top tips for saving money. Hope you all found this useful & I would love to know what you all think! Thanks for reading :)!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For questions, suggestions, opinions & comments, email me at:
dollytrolley1994@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment