Monday 19 May 2014

Hayfever... lovely :(

Hello everyone!

Sorry it's been a while. As you all know I've been in & out of hospital after my laparoscopy & it's not been pleasant. Anyway, enough of that. Today I'm going to talk about hayfever. We're right in the middle of pollen season & millions of people are suffering from the stuffy nosed, watery eyed pain in the bum that is hayfever- me included.

At the moment I can't go out much, & when I do go out I can't wear my makeup as the instant I step outside it's panda eyes & snotty nose. Lovely. But over the last couple years I have also found some ways to combat this. These are all effective, simple ways that I have found that can really help to make hayfever symptoms that bit easier.

1. Try to avoid going outside when the pollen count is high. You can tell what your local pollen levels are going to be every day by checking your local weather forecast. They will be able to predict if the pollen levels are going to be low, medium or high so that you can plan accordingly.

2. Try to take antihistimines & allergy medication at least an hour before going outside. That way they have plenty of time to take effect. Hayfever tablets are better than they used to be as they don't usually make you drowsy but they still can so be careful if driving or operating machinery. I find that the cheaper tablets often work the same as the expensive ones so try & find what works for you.

3. Put a little vaseline around your nostrils. This helps to stop you inhaling pollen by trapping the particles before they have chance to get into your nose. It can also help to moisturise your skin if your nose is dry & sore from being runny.

4. Eye drops & nasal sprays. These are great for keeping your sinuses & eyes moist & prevent them being inflamed & itchy.

5. Wear sunglasses. Sunglasses or specs that wrap around your face can help stop pollen from entering your eyes.

6. Change clothes & shower after being outside. Pollen & dust becomes trapped in your clothes & hair, so washing your hair & clothes when you get home stops those particles from lingering & causing you further irritatation.

So there you have it. A few tips on how you can beat hayfever this summer & enjoy yourself. Hope this helped! Thanks for reading & I'd love to hear if this helped :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For questions, suggestions, opinions & comments email me at
dollytrolley1994@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment