Sunday 25 May 2014

News, chatter, likes & dislikes

Hello everyone!

Sorry it's been a while- in between hospital visits, being ill & trying to get things done it's been a mad few weeks. At the moment I'm a little better than I was- still in alot of pain but been able to get out a bit more which is good. I've been told I need to see the surgery team next week because I haven't recovered as well as hoped & another lot of (more serious) surgery is on the cards.

This isn't what I hoped for but I know it has to be done so I've just got to pack up my troubles in my hospital bag & smile smile smile...lol. I've been making the most of the nice weather when it's been nice & on my good days I've had some shopping sprees! I've got a whole new wardrobe as I had loads of money that I had saved for ages to get myself some lovely new clothes (plus some lovely treats from my other half).

I had planned on doing a few haul videos but I've decided to leave that for a while yet until I have the time. However I will say this- get yourselves to the high street! There are some gorgeous trends at the moment & alot of them are at bargain prices:

-Debenhams have some huge sales on at the moment, I've bought some gorgeous pieces from Miss Selfridge & Quiz. My local Debenhams have had a 20% off event & loads of discounts & I've bought about £300 worth of clothes for £150!!!

-Bodyshop have bought out an amazing new product called Instablur. You use it as a primer & it literally blurs skin imperfections & blemishes. I use it with their new BB cream (they are on offer at the moment- £20 for both, worth £45!!!) And they are amazing. I've also treated myself to some new makeup brushes & other stuff too- all on amazing offers!

-Primark are doing some great stuff at the moment. I've bought myself loads of summer clothes as well as some great sale items. They've also got loads of pug-related stuff (I adore pugs!) So go & have a look!

-River Island, Dorothy Perkins, New Look & Peacocks. All have some lovely stuff at the moment & bang on trend!

- Superdrug & Boots have a 3 for 2 offer across all beauty products at the moment- I've been stocking up on Barry M & all of my other favourite brands. I also bought myself a new Tresemme hair dryer which is amazing!

-Beales Department Store- I've got a couple of gorgeous new dresses from here (the green & white flower dress from Apricot- £34) as well as some gorgeous black & gold heels from Miss Selfridge!

What I'm loving:
- Animal motif jumpers. I have been stocking up on some new jumpers (It will be winter again before we know it lol) & online stores such as Amazon & Karma Clothing have some really cute styles. I'm also loving quilted jumpers- I've got 3 in black, grey & white.

- Tiger Balm Red: possibly the most incredible stuff for joint & muscle pain. I'm on alot of medication at the moment & thought I'd try this as a more natural way- & it's amazing.

- Fresh fruit from the markets & grocers. It's the season for strawberries, raspberries, apricots, cherries & peaches- all of wich I've been snacking on (healthy comfort food). I refuse to buy them from the supermarket as not only are they so much cheaper from the greengrocers, you get so much more & they are better quality too.


What I'm disliking:
-The illusion that food is cheaper in the supermarkets. In my local town we have THREE giant supermarkets (it's absolutely rediculous) plus loads of smaller ones. Alot of my fresh foods I now buy from the local farmshops, market stalls, butchers & greengrocers- not onlyis it better quality, it's cheaper & it supports the little businesses which sadly are getting fewer.

- Rude, arrogant & ignorant people. Some people are just plain rude- they'll push past you, nearly knock you over & either ignore it or look at you like it's your fault.

- Benefit cheats. These people are disgraceful- they are proud to let the taxpayer fund their lifestyles & have no shame or remorse. There are people in genuine need who can't get the help they need because of people like this & there needs to be changes.


So there you go. Hope you enjoyed reading & keep checking for more coming soon. Thanks for reading :) xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For questions, suggestions, opinions & comments, email me at:
dollytrolley1994@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment